The influx of construction projects in Kenya has turned the country into a hive of activity. Ongoing improvements and infrastructural developments involve roads, offices, bridges, hospitals, houses, resorts, airports, sea ports and harbours.
In any construction project, there is a need for co-operation among the various professional advisers and contractors. IKM represents all participants in the construction process – from owners and developers to contractors, design professionals, lenders and other supporting businesses.
Due to the wide range of practice areas in which IKM operates, the firm is an ideal partner for all stages of the construction process.
This sector is supported by the following practice areas:
- Bank Securities and Finance
- Commercial and Corporate Law
- Conveyancing/Real Estate
- Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Labour Law
- Private Equity
- Projects and Infrastructure
- Public Private Partnerships (PPP’s)
- Public Procurement
- Advised on a development project on Mombasa Road where our client has constructed 28 industrial warehouses.
- Advised on the acquisition of a property in Nairobi for purposes of construction of a luxury office building.
- Advised a consortium of UAE investors in respect of a joint venture to construct and operate a 200 room hospital in Nairobi and a 200 room hotel in Mombasa.
- Advised a real estate/construction company in Kenya on tax compliance requirements and review of the proper tax position in light of the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) audit and assessment.
- Advised an indigenous construction company in a PPP transaction with the then City Council of Nairobi (now Nairobi City County) for a development involving the construction of shops, offices and similar conveniences.
- Acted for a client in a PPP transaction with the then Nairobi City Council (now Nairobi City County) for development of a Social Hall in Nairobi.
- Advised Coca-Cola in the preparation of contractual agreements for project consultants engaged in the construction of Coca-Cola’s headquarters in Kenya.